Lifestyle, Travel

Trips of a Lifetime: My Wanderlust List

Wanderlust is a strong desire to travel. John Green once said, “I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.” I DREAM of taking trips of a lifetime. Who doesn’t? My wanderlust occupies my mind most of the time.

As I prepare for my upcoming twenty-third birthday, I have been evaluating my life. With evaluating my life, I have made a set of goals for myself, which includes envisioning all of the places that I would love to visit. Below are only twenty-three of my dream trips and vacations.

An anonymous genius once quoted, “this heart of mine was made to travel”. I could not agree more. So… let’s get to it…

North America Wanderlust

Canada

I have never been to Canada, but I would love to go. Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, the Canadian Rockies, Niagra Falls, Ontario, etc. Canada is the second largest country in the world, and it is filled with wonderful vacation destinations.

The 50 States of America

One day…I will get in an RV and I will drive through every state in this country (with the exception of Alaska and Hawaii). Every state offers great sites, possible national parks, museums, memorials, hotels/resorts, etc. I know that Americans dream of seeing outside of these fifty states, but I long to see what each state has to offer.

Mexico

America’s downstairs neighbor offers several beautiful tourist destinations. The most popular are Puerto Vallarta, Cancun, Mexico City, Cabo San Lucas, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, but there is so much more. As crazy as it may sound, I wish to see the Aztec and Mayan ruins above all of those beautiful cities’ famous tourist attractions. I am a history buff, especially with ancient civilizations, and I enjoy seeing the areas come alive before me.

The Caribbean/ West Indies

Some of the world’s clearest waters, best sandy beaches, unique sites and activities, vibrant culture, and most beautiful destinations. When thinking about the Caribbean Islands, my Wanderlust goes into overdrive. The Bahamas, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Barbados, and the others call my name. Let me get lost (not literally) in the Caribbean for a couple of months… HEAVEN!

South America Wanderlust

Peru

Back at it again with the ancient civilization. I want to see the Incan ruins of Cusco and Machu Picchu, as seen in the picture above. The capital, Lima makes for a wonderful vacation experience. Funny thing is, I am not a nature person, I am not a fan of a lot of walking/climbing/hiking. However, these sites are worth the time in the sun, walking, and hiking.

Brazil

Ahhh! Let me just say that I will be in the best shape of my life when I go (LOL). I will NOT go to the beaches not looking like I have the body of a supermodel (okay…I might be pushing it. I’m skinny, but I a curvaceous skinny lady.) Of course, it would not be right for me to aspire to go, and not want to see the Christ the Redeemer statue in person.

Ecuador

Remember when I mentioned that I am not an outdoor person? That I do not like to do a lot of walking and/or hiking? Well, again, I would gladly walk and hike here. Ecuador… the home of the amazing Amazon. While in Ecuador, you might as well explore the Galapagos Islands, too. Oh! And SURPRISE! There are more Incan ruins *does girly, high pitch squeal*.

Europe Wanderlust

United Kingdom

The UK is composed of England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. I want to see the Buckingham Palace, Oxford, Big Ben, Glasgow, and many more sites. Explore several coastal views, ride the tube, visit Museums, and enjoy, of course, shop! (I’m a shopper.)

France

Paris! That is the first thought that comes to mind when I think of France. However, France offers more than just the Eiffel Tower, Louvre, and the City of Love. Ironically enough, I think of Beauty and the Beast when I think of France. When I go, I will most definitely be paying a visit to Disneyland Paris and will enjoy all of the champagne that I can handle. (It won’t be much. I am not a fan of champagne or wine.) Look into France, and see all of the wonderful towns and villages worth the time, travel, and exploration.

Greece

Pristine beaches, beautiful coastal towns, beautiful, blue waters, and ancient ruins. What else can you look for in a vacation? I have heard mixed reviews about some of the Grecian towns, but there is a caution to be had anywhere you go. Athens, Mykonos, and Santorini all have views with my name on it.

Italy

What doesn’t Italy have to offer? Fashion, food, alcohol, mountains, beaches, and everything else in between. Visit the Amalfi Coast, the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, the Alps, the Leaning Tour of Pisa, and the Vatican. Italy holds some of the most beautiful cities in the world: Sicily, Venice, Florence, Milan, Rome, Naples, Capri, Verona, Pompei, I could literally go on and on, but who wants that?

Asia Wanderlust

The Maldives

Known for being a romantic destination, but also known for the beautiful scenery and rich, vibrant culture. Participate in any water sport that you can think of, focus on relaxation and rejuvenation, and enjoy the views of the islands. Whether you choose to island hop, or simply pick one, there is something for you to do.

Thailand

Visit national parks, different islands, the Grand Palace, and other destinations. Enjoy the nature side of things or the coastal side of things. Snorkel and sail these beautiful waters, and learn more about the Thai history.

Japan

Disneyland in Tokyo, Universal Studios, Mount Fuji, castles, parks, oh my! Japan has a lot to offer, both inside and outside of its capital, Tokyo. You can ski, take a cruise, browse museums, view art, and shop. There was no way that I will pass up an opportunity to visit Japan. This is highly ranked on my list.

Holy Sites/Cities: Egypt, Israel, Jordan (Asia/Africa)

I know what you’re probably thinking. There is so much unrest, why would I want to go here? It’s simple! Israel and Jordan hold the Holy sites of the religion that I believe in and practice. I visited Israel in June, and I have never felt so safe anywhere in my life than I felt there. As I previously mentioned, I have an obsession with ancient civilizations, and Egyptian history is my number one obsession. I’d love to see the Nile, the beautiful Pyramids, the people, try the food, OMG! I want to go!

Africa Wanderlust

Morocco

Despite the unrest in Northern Africa, including here in Morocco, I would love to go. My wanderlust knows few boundaries. While it wants me to see the world, it is not calling me to place myself in harms well. For now, it does not hurt to dream. Moroccan culture has always fascinated me. Enjoy the shopping, explore the desert and nature, relax on the beach, and immerse yourself in the culture.

South Africa

Every time I think of South Africa, I think about diving with the sharks in the shark cage… That makes me think of the new movie, 47 Meters Down, and that changed my mind from wanting to participate in this experience. I want to see Cape Town and Johannesburg (and probably other parts that I know nothing about). I want to go on a Safari experience, shop, visit the national parks, hang out on the beaches, and walk through the aquariums.

Madagascar

Weird choice, right? Would it be too much to ask for you not to judge me about my reasoning behind wanting to go? I want to go because of the Madagascar movies. (LOL…I can handle the judgment. I am 23 on August 5, by many standards, I am straddling the border of childish and grown. Much like the other destinations on this list, it has beaches, nature/wildlife, hiking, history and culture, food, and shopping.

Australia Wanderlust

Again…  not an outdoor person, but how can I not embrace nature in the Outback? I’d love to see the Great Barrier Reef. I’m deep water-phobic, but I would gladly tuck my nerves, and hit the water to explore that beautiful natural wonder. I want to visit the Sydney Opera House. P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney is waiting for me (get it? Finding Nemo). Of course, I have to see Bondi Beach, and the zoo seems like a must-do thing. I’d have to visit for an extended period of time or visit several times. There is so much to see and embrace in Australia.

Pacific Islands|Oceania Wanderlust

Tahiti

I don’t see how anyone would not want to go to ANY island in Tahiti. Bora Bora will definitely be gaining me as a visitor. Ahh! I just think about pictures of boats looking like they’re floating on air because the water is so clear? I’d try to bring some of the water back with me. This would be more of an off-the-grid vacation for me. There will be no calls/messages/emails coming to or from my phone.

Samoa

Let me start by saying that I love the Samoan people and culture. Their emphasis on pride and family is amazing to me. Samoa is another one of those destinations that holds so much rich culture, beautiful beaches and land, and amazing resorts. I would, also, seek to get a Polynesian tribal tattoo here.

Fiji

Ahhh! I can feel my body relaxing as I think about laying on a beach in Fiji. Again, we have another island-hopping destination. It holds parks, museums, cultural sites, overwater bungalows, botanical gardens, and most importantly, paradise. This is another off-the-grid destination for me.

New Zealand

Again, this is another natural/hiking/wildlife adventure destination. I don’t know why I am so into these destinations, but it would force me to overcome my fear and step out of my comfort zone. Visit caves, different coastal islands/towns, national parks, and others. I would have to find me another adventurous buddy who would actually want to experience these things.

Have you been to any of these destinations? Do you have any destinations that speak to your wanderlust? Leave a comment below and share your experience/destinations.

Share on
Previous Post Next Post

You may also like...

37 Comments

• Reply Jenny

I want to go to so many of these places too!

July 26, 2017 at 10:34 PM
  • Reply Payton

Love your bucket list! We have so many different places in common! I’d love to go to every National Park in the US too! They’re all so beautiful!

July 27, 2017 at 12:24 PM
    • Reply Amber Lynn

Absolutely! It’s always great to come in contact with like-minded people. 🙂

July 28, 2017 at 9:18 PM
  • Reply Lena

Is wanderlust contagious? I am pretty sure it is after reading this post! My fiancé and I are trying to come up with a destination for our 1 year wedding anniversary next summer and it is impossible to settle on 1 place!!

July 27, 2017 at 3:58 PM
    • Reply Amber Lynn

It’s difficult picking a destination. The world is a beautiful place waiting to be seen by us. Congratulations by the way! 🙂

July 28, 2017 at 9:19 PM
  • Reply Amanda

I would love to travel. I’ve been to Mexico and Peru, and I’d love to go back. The idea of visiting all the states is very appealing to me, too.

July 28, 2017 at 7:39 PM
    • Reply Amber Lynn

I bet they were both wonderful. I am working on that cross-country road trip. 🙂

July 28, 2017 at 9:19 PM
  • Reply Meladee

This is a great list. It should be on all of our travel lists!

July 29, 2017 at 3:22 PM
    • Reply Amber Lynn

Thank you so much! I had a hard time narrowing the destinations down.

August 1, 2017 at 7:00 PM
  • Reply LeeAnn

I absolutely loved visiting and living in Japan! I spent almost 6 years living in Sasebo while I was in the military. The people are so nice! And oh how I loved the mountains covered in cherry blossoms!

July 29, 2017 at 8:29 PM
    • Reply Amber Lynn

That sounds so beautiful! I have an old friend whose dad played professional baseball in Japan. From what I’ve heard, it is a wonderful destination. I’d love to go.

August 1, 2017 at 7:01 PM
  • Reply Sarah Camille

I love traveling and this is a great list! I haven’t been to Asia yet and all those countries are on my list. I’m ready to pack my bags right now lol!!
    Cheers, Sarah Camille // SCsScoop.com

July 30, 2017 at 1:18 PM
    • Reply Amber Lynn

Right? I was just telling my coworker earlier that I’m ready to drop everything and explore the world! I’d love to spend a whole year traveling the globe and visiting my dream destinations. 🙂

August 1, 2017 at 7:02 PM
  • Reply Tricia

I, like you have this wanderlust! My places I would love to go to are Israel, Machu Pichu, Australia, and Italy 🙂 Beautiful post and photos!

July 30, 2017 at 1:56 PM
    • Reply Amber Lynn

Israel is more than amazing. I just went for ten days at the end of June and it is nothing short of amazing.

August 1, 2017 at 7:07 PM
  • Reply Veronika

About that US road trip – so when are we going? 😉That’s something I really want to do too. I recently moved to Toronto and love it, you should come!

July 31, 2017 at 10:28 PM
    • Reply Amber Lynn

I’m ready when you are 😉 I’d love to visit Toronto. I keep saying that I would love to visit Canada.

August 1, 2017 at 7:08 PM
  • Reply Sarah Clouser

I would love to visit all 50 states, too. We are about to knock off six more states this week with a New England road trip!

August 4, 2017 at 6:35 AM

Ooh! That sounds like great fun. Enjoy your road trip and vacation! 🙂

August 7, 2017 at 6:45 AM
  • Reply Harmony, Momma To Go

I love how you seperateed these by continient. I too have so many places I want to go! I love that you included the 50 states of the US – we forget how much we have right in our own country!

August 4, 2017 at 6:36 AM
    • Reply Amber Lynn

It’s just the organizer in me, plus it helps for me to know where these countries are actually located because I am terrible at remembering geography. I definitely agree that it is easy for us to forget about our own country. It was my hope that it would inspire all of us to want to visit the sites in our country in addition to sites in others.

August 7, 2017 at 6:47 AM
  • Reply Ayanna @ 21FlavorsofSplendor

Great list!! So many of these are on my list and I’m grateful to have checked off a couple already. I have already told my hubby that one day we are going to get an RV and he is going to drive me around the country. LOL.

August 4, 2017 at 10:07 AM
    • Reply Amber Lynn

Thank You! I’m sure you and the hubby will have a wonderful time. What a joy it is to travel, especially with someone you love.

August 7, 2017 at 6:48 AM
  • Reply Tara

What a list! I will say Tahiti and bora bora are so worth it. They’re absolutely amazing!

August 4, 2017 at 10:24 AM
    • Reply Amber Lynn

I absolutely believe you. Just from the pictures alone, I am sold and ready to book.

August 7, 2017 at 6:48 AM
  • Reply Corey | The Nostalgia Diaries

Now I want to go to all of these places! Paris is at the top of my bucket list!

August 4, 2017 at 12:35 PM
    • Reply Amber Lynn

Same here with Paris! I have been wanting to plan a surprise vacation to Paris for my mother and myself. I think we’d have the time of our lives.

August 7, 2017 at 6:50 AM
  • Reply Jessica Wagner

I love your site! Ok, I want to visit all of these places now! I have such a travel bug but need to figure out how to save up first lol Great post love!

weekenderafashionfieldguide.com

August 4, 2017 at 1:02 PM
    • Reply Amber Lynn

Thank you! You just gave me an idea for another post lol (the savings part). 🙂

August 7, 2017 at 6:52 AM
  • Reply Sara

I think we have just about the same Wanderlust list! So many of these countries are places I MUST visit in my lifetime. Thanks for this list, it was great!

August 4, 2017 at 2:20 PM
    • Reply Amber Lynn

No problem, thank you for your comment. I feel like Moana, I feel like traveling and the ocean is calling my name.

August 7, 2017 at 6:53 AM
  • Reply Julie I Aloha Lovely

Yup, I pretty much want to go to all these places, lol. I think its a great idea to actually write it down though, so you can focus on where to go and when and check it off the list! Aloha!

August 5, 2017 at 11:47 AM
    • Reply Amber Lynn

Most definitely! I have begun a lot of planning and organization, so what better way to help me plan trips than to write and remember them?

August 7, 2017 at 7:02 AM
  • Reply Nancy at Miles For Family

I’ve been to some of these places, but I’d like to go to all! We spent 5 days in Vancouver, British Columbia before we went on a Alaskan cruise. Beautiful up there!

August 5, 2017 at 12:02 PM
    • Reply Amber Lynn

I bet it is beautiful. I’d love to go to Vancouver and Alaska. I know a girl from there and she always talks about how great it is.

August 7, 2017 at 6:54 AM
  • Reply Tanvi Rastogi

I have the same wanderlust lady! I have done a few on your list, but the list is forever growing.

❥ tanvii.com

August 6, 2017 at 4:31 PM
    • Reply Amber Lynn

Absolutely! I had a difficult time narrowing the trips down, because I literally could write for days about the places that I want to visit.

August 7, 2017 at 7:05 AM